Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The belated review of Halo 4

I must admit that no one here at Nerdgasm ended up standing in line at midnight amongst the throngs of people waiting for a chance to get our grubby little hands on the newest installment of the Halo franchise. However when Detenate, the But13r, and myself (whitebeansoup) did end up playing it the very next afternoon. I have loved Halo since it's birth; breathed it's alien airs, been splattered by covenant and flood blood alike, we have cheered the victories, and cursed the losses...but my first shot at Halo 4 was disappointing. I was not pleased with multi-player. It was my only issue. I hated the way you unlocked perks, the grenade indicator, and the maps. That was until I spent another 16 hours on it. Then I realized what was wrong with Halo 4. It had been too long of a wait and I had become utterly and completely a Reach Girl. I knew the maps inside and out. I knew where I could hide, hold up, and snipe. I knew where the power weapons were. I was spoiled by my unlimited knowledge of Reach and everything it encompassed. I realized I had become a tainted gamer. Now that we are hundreds of hours deep in the game, we must say, HURRAY! You didn't fuck it up 343. In fact you did a marvelous job. If you haven't grabbed your copy of Halo 4 yet...you must do so quickly. We here at H.Q. are stuck to this game tighter than a plasma grenade on your helmet. The gameplay is breathtaking, the relationship between Chief and Cortana pulls at your heartstrings, and the story is exactly what we Halo fans needed, a next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment