Monday, May 7, 2012

The White Whale Of Whitebeansoup

       

      As a life long gamer I would have to say I've played thousands of games over the years; from Joust to Star Wars Kinect. I am proud to say any game I've sat down to play I have been able to beat...except for one. My white whale, my Moby Dick, happens to be a Super Nintendo Game that was released when I was only three years old. 




 Super Ghouls and Ghosts. I know it's not a particularly advanced game; there aren't hundreds of hours of gameplay or skills and perks to level up...but for me...this game is at the top of my "IF THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN LET ME BEAT THIS GAME!!!" list.  I feel like for every gamer there will always be a game that is just unbeatable to them. This is mine. I have played this game for 19 years now and I still can't get past the ghost ship level! I've watched the Youtube videos on how to beat it, I've tried to just run through it, and I've tried to take my time but no matter what happens I still end up a pile of bones somewhere. If you've never played it before  you should at least check it out. We here at Nerdgasm have a strong opinion that old school games were much much harder than the new age ones. The newer ones have cheats and tell you exactly how to beat it. The old ones leave you to figure it out. The Wii market place has this game to download and the Sleak Black Super Nintendo Retro is coming out soon so you should definitely try it out! Either way SG&G will always be one of the games I remember most. My Gannon, My Jack of Blades, my Arch Nemesis, my white whale.








No comments:

Post a Comment