Saturday, August 27, 2011

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman

I don't know about you guys; but cat woman set me into a hellion rebellion when I was little. I watched the batman cartoons and read my brothers comics, eventually getting my own, and then I became Selena Kyle. I pranced around my grandma's house dressed in tight black leggings and tank tops. I got cat ears from the Halloween stores and I mutilated my stuffed animals in search for the perfect tail. By perfect I of course mean one that had style and the functionability of whacking anyone who came too close to me without it coming un-pinned and stabbing me in the ass.I loved Cat-woman and I loved Selena Kyle. She was versatile, sexy, had a bad-ass love/hate relationship with batman (I am the night!") and had some of the best one liners around. I am in no way joking when I tell you, that I used to climb all over my grandma's house, humming my own theme music as I chased the shadows and caught the purrrfect prey (Sorry about that purrr thing it was a throw back to the old comics and cartoons...it won't happen again...) I would hiss at anyone who came within a two foot radius of me and at one point I even went so far as to convince my grandma to let me get a cat or twelve. Even though she had the patience of a saint (Eight kids and a billion grand kids will do that to a lady) I was allergic to cats. Swell up like the penguin and die allergic. So obviously when I hear that a new bat-man flick is coming out I am so pumped I am tempted to pull out some leggings and tank tops and scuttle around the neighborhood with a whip! And the fact that Anne Hathaway is going to be playing her is so much better! I loved most of the other "Selena Kyles" being such an interesting character it would be really hard to fuck it up. But Anne Hathaway has that sweet, innocent, albeit driven attitude in real life and I just know she will bring that across on screen. Because before her "accident" that's all Selena was...a sweet, shy and determined woman. It doesn't hurt that Anne Hathaway is hotter than Splosion Man sexin up the misses on the sun. I loved her in Alice in Wonderland (She rocked those eyebrows!) and I am equally as pumped to see what she brings to the Cat Woman. And whew, the thought of her wriggling into a tiny leather outfit doesn't hurt a damn bit. She recently went on Chelsea Lately and talked about the costume. Click the link to check it out.Hathaway-Lately interview

1 comment:

  1. I had a pair of Batman shoes when I was about 6-7 so my Uncle Jim(God rest his soul) called me Batman so that was my Halloween costume for a few years. My favorite Catwoman would have to be Tim Burton's. Yea, he can make his movies a little cartoony but he can also show the Dark side to characters(in the darkest ways)better than anybody! Very excited for the new Batman but just as equally sad about this one being the finale.

    ReplyDelete