Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bioshock 3

Bioshock has been a favored game of mine since it's first release in 2007. There is just something about a genetically enhanced human grafted to an armored diving suit protecting a little girl who can suck the power out of someone, that really tugs on my heart strings. I really do love it when big burly people, machines, or animals take care of smaller craetures. Like when you see a big muscular badass biker and he has his daughter by the hand, she's wearing all pink and he's holding like eight stuffed animals he just won her by way of a carnival. I LOVE IT! It's so cute!  So the big daddy's have always been amazing to me. I loved the gameplay, although the underwater scenery got a bit tiresome, I still loved the game. When Bioschock two came out in 2010 I think, I absolutly loved  being the Big Daddy. I hated that we were still underwater though, but I loved the rest of the game. Bioshock two is when we were introduced to Big Sisters and properly introduced to "The Rapture Family". Imagine the Brady Bunch or the Patridge Family genetically altered and tripping on acid. Not to mention the interesting multiplayer which I am a sucker for and the availability of the add-ons and DLC's that came out later. Now, we finally get to see more of Bioshock 3 or Bioshock Infinite. FINALLY! We are out of the underwater cities and the air around the floating city of Columbia is breath-taking. It's 1912,  and theocratic governement has taken control. Factions of citizens are fighting and you jump right into the middle while trying to save a girl named Elizabeth who is at the middle of the civil war.
All in all, I know this game doesn't come out until 2012, but I really can't wait. I haven't seen any Big Daddy's but a diving suit above water would be pushing it. Although they are saying it's an anti-septic enviornment that's been transformed intot he scariest fucking place anyone's ever seen. Which fills me with hope, terrifying nightmare fueling hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment