Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Dinosaur

I have already admitted my achievement hunting "disease". I am obsessed with getting gamer-score. The little tab pops up, and a sense of achievement indeed washes over me. This is only a recent disease, but now I have started going back over my old games and going "Achievement Hunting". What really makes me sad is the lack of achievements in the original Xbox games.
The hours and hours I spent hunched over my controller with red bull or Mt. Dew getting a 100% on every  game. All of these games...my Gamerscore could have been amazing! And even though my own sense of achievement over a perfect score on each game is satisfying, the achievement pop-up makes it that much sweeter. I mean Elder scrolls oblivion...Gamerscore on that???  Of course, these games with no achievements, are ones that I played over and over for hours and hours. Something I hate even more are the games that make you play through them three or four or even five times...and their playability isn't worth that much time. I wish they would either start releasing more games with better multiple playthroughs or would somehow add achievements to a dying breed of games. Yes they are a dying breed...but we still love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment